Cosmetic dentistry refers to a host of dental treatments designed to enhance the smile and correct chipped, cracked, discolored, unevenly spaced and even missing teeth. From porcelain veneers to tooth-colored fillings, patients can choose from a variety of cosmetic dentistry solutions to restore the health and vitality of their smile.
At Dr. Beshar’s we specializes in quality, comprehensive restorative and cosmetic dental care for Manhattan NY -area patients.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
For centuries, traditional dentistry has focused on the prevention, and treatment of various oral diseases and issues. However, over the last several decades, cosmetic dentistry has become more mainstream in providing treatment and services that not only enhance the beauty of one’s smile, but lends to improvements in overall dental health.
Technological advancements in natural-looking and tooth-colored dental materials make today’s cosmetic dental treatments more durable and predictable than in years past. Additionally, dental professionals are now using more conservative cosmetic dentistry techniques to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible, depending upon your specific clinical situation.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
While traditional dentistry focuses on oral hygiene and preventing, diagnosing, and treating oral disease, cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s smile. Our cosmetic dentistry treatment options include:
- Teeth Whitening. Whether you are self-conscious because you have yellowed teeth from smoking or drinking coffee, or if you just want to look your best tooth whitening is a sure way to brighten your smile and gain increased confidence.
- Porcelain Veneers. Dental veneers are ceramic shells applied to the front of your teeth to conceal cracks and chips, overlay gaps, and create a whiter appearance.
- Dental Implants. Dental Implants allow patients to replace missing teeth with ones that look, feel, and perform like their own. Dental implants are a long-term alternative to conventional dentures.
- Dental Bonding. A tooth-colored bonding material is applied to the teeth, polished and shaped to match the rest of the natural teeth.
- Tooth-colored Fillings. Tooth-colored “white” fillings are an attractive alternative to silver amalgam fillings. The composite resin is customized to match the natural shade of teeth.
- Porcelain Inlays/Onlays. Inlays and onlays are durable, attractive restorations used to repair cracked or otherwise damaged teeth. Inlays and onlays require less tooth reduction than fillings or crowns.
- Dental Crowns. The dental crown procedure utilizes tooth-shaped coverings made of metal, ceramic, or porcelain to restore strength and eliminate discomfort. In addition, dental crowns may be used to anchor a dental bridge or to cap a dental implant post.
- Dental Bridges. A sturdy structure composed of two crowns and a prosthetic tooth, dental bridges are used to “bridge” the gaps where teeth are missing.
Restore health and vitality to your smile. We can help you obtain a beautiful, lasting look – so you can smile with confidence. If you are interested in finding more information about cosmetic dentistry treatments, or to schedule your free, no obligation consultation, contact Dr. Beshar, one of Manhattan’s most prominent and experienced cosmetic dentists today.